Opiates have highly addictive properties and can become dangerous when misused. This class of drugs includes two broad categories:
- Prescription: Doctors may prescribe opiates to treat severe pain that doesn’t respond to other treatments. Prescription opiates include codeine, morphine and hydrocodone.
- Illicit: In addition to illegally obtained prescription medications, illicit opiates include drugs such as heroin. Some underground labs also create synthetic opioids meant for illegal sale.
If you think you have an addiction to opiates, an opiate drug addiction rehabilitation center in Illinois can help. Gateway serves patients with substance use disorders in the Chicago area.
How to Know if You Have an Opioid Addiction
It can become difficult to tell if you have an opioid addiction after using opiates for a long time. You could have an addiction to opiates if you:
- Have riskier behaviors and changes in decision making
- “Stock up” on opiate medications
- Experience mood changes you didn’t have before using opioids
- Spend large amounts of money and time on opiate use
A substance use professional can also screen you to see if you show the signs of addiction. They can then work with you to find a treatment strategy that works for your needs.
Services Available From Opiate Drug Addiction Treatment Centers
Modern approaches to opiate addiction treatment aim to address its physical, emotional and social aspects. Your opiate drug addiction rehab center may provide services, such as:
- Medical care: Services such as medication-assisted treatment (MAT) and detox help you handle addiction’s physical aspects. With your withdrawal symptoms and cravings managed, you can better focus on recovery.
- Behavioral support: Addiction affects your behavioral patterns, so retraining these behaviors has a critical role to play in recovery. Therapy and similar support services will allow you to learn new coping strategies.
- Social services: Some treatment centers have social workers on staff or partner with social services organizations. You can get help with life necessities, such as housing and employment through community resources.
The experience you have with opiate addiction treatment will depend on your needs and provider.
Gateway’s Approach to Illinois Opiate Drug Treatment Programs
At Gateway, we take a personalized approach to care for every patient. We can address addiction to prescription opiates and illicit opioid use disorder. Our services for opiate addiction include elements such as:
- Life planning: We combine relapse prevention training with support for life planning to support the patient’s success after treatment.
- Addressing underlying conditions: Our mental health and medical teams can help you identify and treat any health issues that contribute to your opiate misuse.
- Finding community and connection: Group therapy and an alumni community give our patients the chance to support one another for life.
- Comprehensive behavioral therapy services: You can receive a wide range of therapy models at Gateway, including trauma therapy and cognitive behavioral therapy.
We also provide services specifically tailored to opiate addiction, such as medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for opioids and heroin use disorder services.
Benefits of Getting Help From an Opiate Drug Rehab Treatment Center
When you ask for support from an opiate addiction clinic, you can get help achieving your recovery goals. Your treatment team will empower you to:
- Get back to a stable life at home, work or school
- Reconnect with the people you love
- Learn healthy coping skills for situations that make you want to misuse opioids
Drug addiction clinics such as Gateway can provide the assistance you need to take your life back from opiate addiction.
Risks Avoided by Seeking Opiate Addiction Treatment
Getting treatment for your opiate addiction lets you find relief from the negative effects of the drug on your mind and body. Opiates can cause the following symptoms when you use them:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Slowed breathing and heart rate
- Dry mouth
- Sweating and flushing
- Muscle stiffness
- Digestive issues
With help from an opioid addiction clinic, you can relieve these issues and reduce your risk of overdose.
Gateway — Opiate Drug Addiction Rehabilitation Centers in Illinois
When you visit one of Gateway’s opiate drug rehabilitation centers in Illinois, you get evidence-based services in a caring environment. More than 50 years of experience makes our high standard of care possible. Schedule your first appointment at a location near you by contacting our staff online.