The opioid fentanyl has a 50 to 100 times higher potency than morphine. Doctors may use it in critical care or for severe chronic pain that doesn’t respond to other drugs. Fentanyl’s high potency makes it an incredibly addictive and risky drug, especially in recreational use. Gateway helps patients with addictions to substances such as opioids and fentanyl. Our fentanyl drug rehabilitation centers in Illinois will support you in your recovery.
Types of Treatments Available for Fentanyl and Opioid Addiction
Treatment for opioid addiction aims to address its physical and emotional aspects for a higher chance of success. The services offered at a fentanyl drug addiction treatment center in Illinois may include:
- Medical services: Detox and medication-assisted treatment (MAT) help you manage the physical symptoms of addiction. These services allow you to reduce your opioid use and build recovery skills.
- Behavioral services: Addiction involves many behavioral patterns you can address through therapy and support. Your treatment team will help you build coping mechanisms that help you handle your urges to use fentanyl.
- Social services: Some treatment centers provide social services or can refer you to them. Community resources can help you resolve issues with employment, housing and other necessities.
Your experience with opioid addiction treatment will vary depending on your symptoms and the clinic you visit.
Gateway’s Fentanyl Drug Treatment Programs in Illinois
When you visit Gateway as your Illinois fentanyl drug rehabilitation center, you get services that consider all aspects of health. Our drug addiction treatment programs include these elements:
- Medical support: Opioid addiction can harm your physical health. Our medical team will help you manage your withdrawal symptoms and take care of any related health problems.
- Patient community: At Gateway, we understand the value of community in recovery. Services such as group therapy and an alumni community help you stay connected with your fellow patients.
- Underlying condition treatment: Physical and mental health conditions can contribute to fentanyl misuse. We help you succeed in recovery by finding any underlying issues and building strategies to address them.
- Wellness support: We assist our patients with discovering passions outside of drug misuse. Some patients develop hobbies such as mindfulness, while others make plans for their future.
Our addiction professionals specialize in a variety of medical and behavioral treatments for opioid use disorder. They will develop a personalized care plan tailored to your symptoms and recovery goals.
Benefits of Visiting a Fentanyl Drug Rehab Treatment Center
A fentanyl drug addiction rehab center gives you support as you go through recovery. Your treatment team will help you achieve goals, including:
- Managing the physical and emotional symptoms of addiction
- Rebuilding relationships with friends, family and loved ones
- Returning to a stable work, school or home life
Recovery support from a drug addiction clinic empowers you to create the life you choose. You get the opportunity to take back your old life or build a new one.
Risks of Using Fentanyl and Other Opioids
Treatment for opioid addiction lets you avoid the risks associated with using them. Fentanyl causes side effects, such as:
- Digestive issues
- Slowed breathing and heart rate
- Sweating and flushing
- Dry mouth
- Muscle stiffness
- Difficulty concentrating
Fentanyl slows down the central nervous system and can result in stopped breathing and unconsciousness during an overdose. Its potency gives users a higher risk of overdose than with other opioids.
How to Know if You Have an Addiction to Opioids
It can become difficult to tell if you have an addiction, even if it seems obvious to others. You may have an addiction to fentanyl if you show these signs:
- Having uncontrollable urges to use fentanyl and other opioids
- Spending large amounts of time and money on getting and using fentanyl
- Feeling unable to stop using fentanyl
- Developing risky behaviors to get or use fentanyl
You can also visit Gateway or another clinic for a screening to see if you could have an addiction to opioids.
Gateway — Your Fentanyl Drug Addiction Rehabilitation Center in Illinois
At Gateway, you can count on our 50 years of experience helping patients in the Chicago area. We support patients during and after recovery so they can experience the benefits of recovery for life. To schedule an appointment at one of our locations, contact us online today.