Valium® Addiction Drug Rehabilitation Treatment Center in Illinois
Valium®, also known as diazepam, belongs to the benzodiazepine family of medications. These medicines can treat anxiety and muscle spasms under a doctor’s supervision. However, they also have addictive properties, especially for people who misuse them. Gateway Foundation’s Valium® drug rehabilitation centers in Illinois help patients recover from benzodiazepine addiction.
When to Consider Getting Help From a Valium® Drug Addiction Treatment Center
Addiction to Valium® can start through misuse as a prescribed patient or recreational user. Any use of Valium® that goes against a doctor’s directions counts as misuse and raises your risk of addiction. You could have an addiction to Valium® if you:
- Have uncontrollable urges to use benzodiazepines, even when you don’t have symptoms to treat
- Need to take more Valium® to feel the same effects as before
- Put aside relationships, hobbies and obligations to get and use Valium®
- Perform risky behaviors to get more Valium®
Prescribed patients and recreational users can get addicted to Valium®. If you have a prescription, you may go to multiple doctors and pharmacies to get more of it. As a recreational user, you might steal Valium® from someone you know or use illegal methods to get it.
Ways That Valium® Misuse Can Impact Your Well-Being
Misusing Valium® can cause a variety of negative health effects, including:
- Side effects: Valium® has side effects such as drowsiness, nausea, headache and muscle weakness.
- Withdrawal symptoms: If you have a dependence on Valium®, you can experience sleeplessness, irritability and anxiety when you stop taking it.
- Interactions with other medications: Benzodiazepines like Valium® can change the effectiveness of drugs like opioids, raising the risk of overdose.
You can also overdose on Valium® if you take it in excess amounts. A Valium® overdose can cause stopped breathing, which may result in brain damage or death.
How a Valium® Drug Rehab Treatment Center Can Transform Your Life
Benzodiazepine addiction can make it more difficult to function in life, but a clinic can help you take back control. You will work with your treatment team to meet goals such as:
- Managing your withdrawal symptoms so you can taper off Valium®
- Reconnecting with the people you care about
- Returning to a productive life at work, school or home
- Planning a healthy future without the influence of benzodiazepines
When you enter a Valium® addiction treatment program, you get to set goals and meet them using the resources provided.
Services Available at Valium® Drug Addiction Rehabilitation Centers in Illinois
Modern models of Valium® addiction treatment aim to manage these aspects of addiction:
- Physical: Valium® addiction causes uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms that make recovery difficult. Your clinic will use medication and other treatments to help you handle these effects.
- Behavioral: Addiction changes your thoughts and behaviors around drugs. Services like therapy let you learn new behaviors and manage your thoughts and feelings about Valium®.
Every treatment center takes a different approach to Valium® addiction rehab. Gateway Foundation uses a patient-centered model that saves lives.
Gateway Foundation’s Valium® Drug Addiction Rehab Centers in Illinois
At Gateway Foundation, we provide personalized addiction treatment that targets each patient’s needs. When you join our Valium® addiction program, you receive services like:
- Tailored care plans: Our staff will develop a personalized treatment plan based on your situation, symptoms and needs.
- Medication: You may receive medication to treat a health problem related to your addiction or to relieve withdrawal symptoms.
- Therapy: During one-on-one therapy, your counselor will help you set recovery goals and create strategies to meet them.
- Group support: Patient support groups, group therapy and our alumni community keep patients like you connected.
- Relapse prevention: Throughout your treatment, we will teach you how to reduce your risk of relapse and how to get help if a relapse happens.
We believe in nurturing each patient’s recovery goals and giving them the tools they need to achieve them.
Why Illinois Patients Choose Gateway Foundation’s Valium® Drug Treatment Program
The compassionate team at Gateway Foundation supports Chicago-area patients as they go through addiction recovery. We have more than 50 years of experience in creating new futures. When you become a patient at Gateway Foundation, you get a recovery partner for life. Learn more about our services or schedule an appointment by contacting our staff online.