Percocet® Addiction Drug Rehabilitation Treatment Center Illinois
Percocet® contains a combination of the opioid oxycodone and the pain reliever acetaminophen. Doctors prescribe it to relieve moderate to severe pain that doesn’t respond to other pain treatments. This medicine can cause addiction in both misuse and prescribed use. If you or someone you know has an addiction to Percocet® or another opioid, Gateway Foundation can assist. Our Percocet® drug rehabilitation centers in Illinois support patients as they take their lives back from opioids.
Side Effects and Risks of Percocet® Misuse
People who use Percocet® for recreational or medical reasons can experience side effects, such as:
- Mood swings
- Slower breathing
- Low blood pressure
A Percocet® overdose can become lethal. Opioids depress the central nervous system and can slow down breathing and heart rate. During an overdose on Percocet®, someone can have slowed or stopped breathing and heart rate.
Signs of Addiction to Percocet®
Someone with a Percocet® addiction may do anything they can to get the drug. Since Percocet® requires a prescription, they might take drastic measures to get more of it. These behaviors can include:
- Visiting multiple doctors to get extra prescriptions
- Stealing medication from others
- Pretending to lose medication or a prescription to get more
Addiction to Percocet® can also have these signs in everyday life:
- Neglecting relationships, hobbies and responsibilities to obtain and use Percocet®
- Needing more Percocet® over time to feel the same “high” as before
- “Stocking up” on Percocet® and using it even when not feeling pain
If you think you have an addiction to Percocet®, you can receive a professional screening from a drug rehabilitation center in Illinois.
Treatments Offered at Percocet® Drug Rehab Treatment Centers
Opioid addiction impacts every aspect of life. Percocet® drug addiction treatment centers aim to address all these elements:
- Physical: Opioid addiction treatment centers provide medical services that help patients manage the physical symptoms of addiction. They offer treatment that addresses withdrawal, cravings and related medical issues.
- Emotional: Addiction to Percocet® involves behavioral and emotional changes that cause many of its symptoms. Therapy and peer support help patients learn new coping mechanisms and recovery skills.
- Social: Some Percocet® drug addiction rehabilitation centers partner with community resources. These services support patients in getting everyday necessities such as jobs, housing and food.
Everyone’s experience with opioid addiction rehab depends on their needs and the provider they visit.
What to Expect at a Gateway Foundation Percocet® Drug Treatment Program in Illinois
At Gateway Foundation, we take a personalized approach to care. Our medication-assisted treatment services for opioids, withdrawal management support services and prescription drug addiction care target your needs. These approaches set Gateway Foundation apart from other addiction clinics:
- Demographic group care: We can tailor our services to your age group and gender so you can get support from patients who understand your experiences.
- Wellness support: As our patients go through treatment, we encourage them to find new passions in life and plan their futures.
- Choice of treatment models: Since every patient has different symptom severities, we provide inpatient and outpatient programs.
- Multiple therapy options: To address every patient’s emotional needs, we provide many options for counseling based on behaviors and personal experiences.
Our addiction medical services save lives every day. When you become a Gateway Foundation patient, you have a partner in recovery for life.
Benefits of Getting Help for Your Percocet® Addiction
When you ask for help with your recovery from Percocet® addiction, you can start a new life without opiates. Your care team will support you in meeting goals, including:
- Stabilizing your life at work, home or school
- Managing the physical and emotional symptoms of addiction
- Developing healthy coping mechanisms for tough situations
- Planning a new life without the influence of opiates
- Reconnecting with the people you care about
As you go through Percocet® addiction treatment, you can set recovery benchmarks and receive the resources you need to meet them.
Choose Gateway Foundation as Your Illinois Percocet® Drug Addiction Rehab Center
Gateway Foundation supports patients in the Chicago, Illinois, area as they recover from substance addiction. We have more than 50 years of positive results with patients with a variety of addiction types. For more information about our services or to schedule an appointment, contact our team online.