Ketamine Addiction Drug Rehabilitation Treatment
Ketamine has dissociative, hallucinogenic and tranquilizing properties. This “club drug” also has addictive effects and causes harm to the brain and body when misused. If you or someone you know has an addiction to ketamine, you have help available. Gateway Foundation’s ketamine drug rehabilitation center assists patients in their recovery from addiction. Learn more about ketamine addiction and how Gateway Foundation can provide support.
Risks and Side Effects of Ketamine Misuse
People who misuse ketamine take it to feel its hallucinogenic and euphoric effects. However, these feelings come from its changes to brain chemistry that can lead to mood disorders. Frequent ketamine use can lead to bladder and kidney issues, memory loss, depression, agitation and stomach pain. The side effects of ketamine misuse include:
- Impaired motor function
- Respiratory issues
- High blood pressure
Since ketamine has very sensitive dosing, it only has a slight difference between a euphoric dose and a lethal one. The risk of ketamine overdose also rises when someone uses it with another substance such as alcohol. Some cases of ketamine use can also result in almost complete sensory dissociation in an effect called the “K-hole.”
Benefits of Getting Help From a Ketamine Drug Addiction Rehab Center
An addiction to ketamine negatively impacts your life in many aspects. When you get treatment for your ketamine addiction, you can improve your life by achieving goals such as:
- Mending relationships with family, loved ones and friends
- Rebuilding your life at work, home and school
- Managing your withdrawal symptoms and cravings
- Improving your physical and mental well-being
- Planning for a healthy, productive future
Your ketamine drug rehab treatment center will help you set recovery goals and learn the skills to achieve them.
Treatments Available at a Ketamine Drug Addiction Rehabilitation Center
Treatment for ketamine addiction involves behavioral and medical support to adjust your mind and body to a life without drugs. Everyone has a different experience with addiction treatment. Your care plan might include services, such as:
- Medical services: Some addiction specialists use medication to help patients feel fewer withdrawal symptoms. Your clinic doctor may also recommend treatment for medical issues related to your addiction.
- One-on-one therapy: Individual substance use counseling gives you a space to learn recovery skills. Your therapist helps you set goals and work toward achieving them.
- Group therapy and peer support: Group therapy and other peer support services let you share your experiences with other patients. You will join a community of people who understand the challenges you face in recovery.
Different treatments will work best for different patients. Ketamine addiction treatment may need changes over time to fit your evolving needs.
What to Expect From Gateway Foundation’s Illinois Ketamine Drug Treatment Program
At Gateway Foundation, we provide a personalized approach to drug addiction care services. Allow our addiction professionals to tailor a treatment plan based on:
- Age: We can develop care services that accommodate teenagers, young adults and adults.
- Gender: Our patients can participate in gender-based programs that help patients relate to one another.
- Past experiences: Gateway Foundation therapists can provide counseling that accounts for past trauma and substance use.
- Medical history: The medical team at our clinics offers evidence-based treatment for addiction’s physical symptoms and related medical conditions.
- Symptoms: Depending on the nature of your symptoms, we can provide inpatient or outpatient programs.
We use evidence-based practices to create a care plan dedicated to your needs.
How to Know if You Need Help for a Ketamine Addiction
The following signs could indicate you, or someone you know has an addiction to ketamine:
- Devoting large amounts of money and time to ketamine
- Having an inability to focus on things other than ketamine
- Feeling uncontrollable urges to use ketamine
- Developing risky behaviors to get and use ketamine
Some people who misuse ketamine also misuse other substances. If you have an addiction to more than one drug, we can build a treatment plan based on multiple substances.
Gateway Foundation — Your Ketamine Drug Addiction Treatment Center in Illinois
When you visit Gateway Foundation for addiction treatment, you get personalized care from a compassionate team. Our multiple sites in the Chicago area make it convenient for patients to get assistance. Schedule your first appointment with us by contacting our team online.