Tramadol Addiction Drug Rehabilitation Treatment Center in Illinois
As an opiate drug, tramadol treats pain by interacting with the body’s opioid system. Its status as an opioid also makes it very addictive during use. Tramadol has the following brand names:
Misusing tramadol raises its chance of causing an addiction, even when you have a prescription. If you think you or a loved one has an addiction to opioids like tramadol, Gateway can assist. Our tramadol drug addiction rehabilitation centers in Illinois save lives every day.
When to Enter a Tramadol Drug Treatment Program in Illinois
Opioid addiction does not always seem obvious to someone who has one. These signs may show that you or someone you know has an addiction to tramadol or another opioid:
- Keeping a “stock” of tramadol even when not experiencing pain
- Acting out of character and making riskier decisions
- Having difficulty at work or school because of opioid use
- Feeling unable to stop using tramadol and other opiates
- Dedicating substantial amounts of money and time to tramadol
A professional opioid addiction screening can also help you determine if you have an addiction. During one of these appointments, an expert will learn about your symptoms and behaviors to provide a diagnosis. As a disease, opioid addiction can receive treatment that reduces its effects.
Side Effects and Risks of Tramadol Misuse
When you get help for your tramadol addiction, you can find relief from its side effects and withdrawal symptoms. The side effects of tramadol include:
- Uncontrollable shaking
- Mood changes
- Dry mouth
- Muscle tightness
During tramadol use, anyone can develop a dependence over time. A tramadol dependence causes the body to rely on opioids for basic functions, resulting in withdrawal symptoms without the drug. You could have a tramadol dependence if you have these symptoms when you stop taking it:
- Tramadol cravings
- Muscle aches
- Nausea and vomiting
- Confusion and paranoia
Tramadol overdoses can result in stopped breathing that may cause death or brain damage. Getting tramadol addiction treatment can help you lower your risk of overdose and help you stop taking opioids.
How a Tramadol Drug Rehabilitation Center Can Change Your Life
Opiate addiction clinics like Gateway help patients like you transform their lives. With the support of your care team, you can:
- Rebuild relationships with your family, friends and loved ones
- Get back to a stable life at work, school or home
- Plan a future without the influence of opioids
- Manage the emotional and physical effects of addiction
- Create coping strategies for situations that give you the urge to use tramadol
Treatment programs for tramadol addiction give you the tools and resources you need to set recovery goals and achieve them.
Services Offered at Tramadol Drug Rehab Treatment Centers
Modern opiate addiction treatment combines medication with therapy and social services. The typical elements of a tramadol addiction treatment plan include:
- Medical care: Medications and other treatments can help you manage the physical effects of opioid addiction.
- Behavioral services: Therapy and group meetings allow you to learn recovery strategies in an accepting environment.
- Social support: An opiate addiction clinic can refer you to community services that help with food, housing and other necessities.
By addressing the ways that addiction affects your life, tramadol rehab treatment can greatly improve your chance of a successful recovery. Your care team will help you figure out if you will benefit more from an inpatient or outpatient program.
Gateway’s Tramadol Drug Addiction Rehab Centers in Illinois
At Gateway, we provide personalized, evidence-based treatment. We create a patient-centered experience with the following approaches:
- Addressing underlying conditions such as chronic pain and depression that contribute to addiction.
- Nurturing a community of patients through support groups and alumni connections.
- Using multiple therapy models, including cognitive-behavioral therapy, trauma therapy and 12-step programs.
These methods and more set us apart from other tramadol addiction treatment centers.
Reasons to Choose Gateway as Your Illinois Tramadol Drug Addiction Treatment Center
The experts at Gateway have more than 50 years of positive outcomes in supporting patients in recovery. Our team provides the resources needed to have a successful recovery during and after treatment. To learn more about our services or to schedule an appointment, contact our staff online.