Klonopin® Addiction Drug Rehabilitation Treatment
Clonazepam, known by the brand name Klonopin®, belongs to the benzodiazepine drug family. In a medical setting, this drug can treat seizures and panic attacks. However, some people misuse it to change their mood, putting them at risk for addiction. Klonopin® addiction can become incredibly dangerous without treatment from a Klonopin® drug addiction rehab center. Gateway Foundation’s Klonopin® drug rehab treatment centers help patients recover and rebuild their lives.
Benefits of Going to a Klonopin® Drug Rehab Treatment Center
If you have a Klonopin® addiction, getting professional help gives you the chance to get your life back. Addiction experts can help you achieve goals, including:
- Reducing and stopping your Klonopin® use
- Improving your physical and mental well-being
- Mending relationships with family, friends and loved ones
- Joining a community of patients committed to recovery
Your treatment team will help you set recovery goals and provide the resources you need to meet them. They will support you as you rebuild your life and reduce your Klonopin® use.
Gateway Foundation’s Klonopin® Drug Treatment Programs in Illinois
At Gateway Foundation, we use evidence-based and patient-centered approaches to care. We support patients in the following ways as we provide treatment for prescription drug addiction:
- Patient evaluation: During your first appointment, one of our staff will assess your physical and emotional needs. We will ask about your previous drug use, medical history and experience with addiction.
- Co-occurring condition treatment: If you have an underlying health issue contributing to your use, we will work with you to get treatment for it. Our medical team might treat the issue themselves, or we will partner with another provider.
- Relapse prevention: Through programs such as relapse prevention training and our alumni community, we help patients manage relapse after treatment. We help our patients build their new lives after they leave our clinic.
- Recovery skills support: As part of our treatment services, we support patients in finding new passions in life. Our team helps patients plan their futures and find wellness enhancing hobbies.
Consider us your partner in the journey to recovery. Our Klonopin® drug addiction rehabilitation center will provide compassionate care throughout every step of the treatment process.
Typical Approaches to Klonopin® Addiction Treatment
As a treatable medical condition, Klonopin® addiction can have fewer symptoms with the right care. Klonopin® addiction care involves two main components:
- Detoxification: During Klonopin® addiction treatment, your doctor will slowly taper you off the drug. By reducing the doses gradually, you can experience fewer withdrawal symptoms. With reduced withdrawal symptoms, you can feel more comfortable during recovery and have a lower chance of relapse.
- Behavioral support: Addiction involves many changes in behavior that influence your Klonopin® use. Behavioral services such as therapy help you learn recovery skills that retrain your behaviors. They allow you to explore your thoughts and feelings about Klonopin®.
Since addiction changes your brain chemistry, you may need recovery support for a long time after treatment. A high-quality program such as the one at Gateway Foundation will help you prevent relapse after you finish your services.
Risks and Side Effects Associated With Klonopin® Misuse
Klonopin® has side effects for prescribed patients and people who misuse it. Taking this drug can cause health issues, such as:
- Joint or muscle pain
- Thought and memory disruption
- Changes in sexual drive and performance
- Increase in urination and saliva
Overdosing on Klonopin® can result in sleepiness, confusion or a coma. Klonopin® overdoses usually don’t become lethal, but they become very deadly in combination with substances such as opioids.
Signs of Klonopin® Addiction
When you have an addiction to Klonopin®, it may not always seem obvious. You could have a Klonopin® addiction if you:
- Have cravings and uncontrollable urges to use Klonopin®
- Choose Klonopin® use over hobbies, social obligations and relationships
- Feel unable to stop using Klonopin®
- Notice a decline in your health and personal appearance
A Klonopin® drug rehabilitation center can also screen you for symptoms to see if treatment would help. If they diagnose you with an addiction, they can recommend the proper course of care.
Get Help From Gateway Foundation — Your Klonopin® Drug Addiction Treatment Center in Illinois
Gateway Foundation has more than 50 years of experience working with addiction patients in the Chicago area. Our caring staff creates personalized treatment plans that account for every patient’s needs. To schedule an intake appointment with our team, contact us online today.