Gateway offers many treatment programs designed to aid clients as they work toward recovery. Residential treatment centers can be an effective way to fight back against drug and alcohol addiction, and clients can enjoy total support and care every step of the way. Get familiar with the benefits of residential rehab and learn what to expect when you begin this critical step on the road to addiction recovery.
Reduce Temptations in a Sober Environment
Experiencing cravings and temptations is a common and ordinary part of recovering from addiction. Often, these are physical responses. It can be part of a delayed withdrawal as the body learns to readjust after ending drug and alcohol abuse.
In other cases, temptations can be emotional or even behavioral. Substance abuse can become an ingrained habit, and breaking free from that doesn’t happen right away.
The good news is that clients experience fewer and fewer of these cravings over time. In residential treatment centers, there is no access to drugs or alcohol. Even when cravings strike, clients know that there are no ways to give in. This completely sober environment makes it much easier to stay on track.
Get 24/7 Support and Medical Care
Substance addiction isn’t just a physical issue. Nonetheless, there are medical issues that can arise throughout rehab and into recovery. When you choose residential drug and alcohol treatment, you can expect 24/7 medical support. This can provide you with peace of mind, and it can also be comforting to your loved ones back home.
During rehab, clients don’t always follow a set pattern. Sometimes, clients are up late at night and struggling with insomnia. Clients can also experience delayed or lingering withdrawal symptoms well outside of standard office hours. Residential drug and alcohol treatment centers expect and cater to these unexpected issues by providing comfort, care, treatment and counseling whatever the time might be.
Benefits of an Inpatient Recovery
Inpatient drug and alcohol rehab centers provide many benefits. They allow clients to have structure and support 24 hours each day. There is constant supervision, and there are zero opportunities for relapse. As a result, these residential programs give peace of mind to clients as well as their families.
When clients participate in an inpatient rehab program at any of the Gateway locations, they are secure. Our locations are free from drugs and alcohol, which means that there are fewer opportunities for temptations. It is much easier to stay on track when there is around-the-clock accountability and virtually no access to drugs or alcohol in the first place.
The 24/7 support also extends to medical supervision. While clients are still managing their withdrawal, medical care may be necessary. During inpatient care, clients can be sure that their health and safety is a priority. Whether there are psychological concerns in the middle of the night or just discomfort in the evening, there are always medical professionals ready to help our residential patients.
Inpatient drug rehab centers like Gateway also provide clients with structure. Having a daily routine means that there are fewer decisions to make each day. When the path to recovery is highlighted with a regular daily schedule, clients find it much easier to stay on track. Some of the healthy habits that develop as a result of residential scheduling could come in handy months or years after inpatient rehab officially ends.
Take Advantage of Residential Therapy and Treatment Sessions
When clients spend time in residential treatment centers like Gateway, they will have countless opportunities for support, therapy, and education. Throughout each day, clients can learn more about addiction and how it can be overcome. Medical experts are always on hand to ensure that the process goes smoothly and safely.
The beauty of attending an inpatient drug and alcohol treatment center is that everything a client needs is in one convenient location. There is no need to travel far or worry about logistics. Whether a client needs a medical checkup or wants to socialize with peers, it’s all possible in one spot.
Clients who take full advantage of the resources at their disposal will come to realize how varied the treatment methods are. Clients can make real progress on underlying issues through individual therapy, or they can rebuild relationships in family counseling. Diverse and comprehensive treatment ensures that recovery is possible for every client.
Who Should Consider Inpatient Drug And Alcohol Rehabilitation?
Some individuals may not want or need inpatient drug treatment. However, it is the ideal choice for many. Anyone who has relapsed in the past may want to consider residential addiction treatment as a way to overcome drug and alcohol abuse once and for all. Inpatient rehab is also a good choice for anyone who doesn’t have a strong support system at home. Although Outpatient programs can be incredibly effective, they aren’t as beneficial if clients are going home each night to an empty house. Independent clients who are on their own might enjoy having a 24/7 support system so that they feel less lonely. Those with severe drug addictions may also want to consider inpatient drug rehab centers. The more severe the drug addiction, the harder recovery will be. To find your way to sobriety, it makes sense to take full advantage of the resources available. Inpatient programs offer a schedule full of treatment, addiction therapy services and peer support available around the clock.
FACTORS TO CONSIDER WHEN DECIDING WHAT TYPE OF ALCOHOL INPATIENT TREATMENT IS RIGHT FOR YOU
If you are suffering from alcohol addiction, know there’s help. When seeking an alcohol inpatient rehab facility near you, it’s crucial to understand the causes and risk factors that play a role in treatment recommendations:
- Medical history: Alcohol inpatient treatment is often recommended for people with a medical history of liver, breathing or health issues. The professionals at an inpatient treatment center will be able to develop a treatment plan that safely and appropriately accommodates these medical conditions.
- Substance use: When someone enters a treatment program, the substance being used plays a central role in determining their treatment plan. In some cases, an individual may struggle with an addiction to more than one substance and need a treatment provider who will closely monitor their health conditions. For example, mixing drugs and alcohol can lead to dangerous interactions and warrant the help of a medical professional who can provide assistance through every step of the recovery process.
- Mental health: A person who is suffering from alcohol addiction and a co-occurring mental health condition may require an individualized treatment plan. Alcohol inpatient treatment centers have specialists on-site who can confront and treat both conditions in a way that best supports the individual’s recovery. A dual diagnosis treatment plan will use a variety of therapies to target all of the aspects of co-occurring disorders. Dual diagnosis support aims to reduce the risk of relapse by adopting a long-term view of recovery.
- Age: An alcohol Inpatient treatment facility will offer specialized medical care for individuals based on age factors. Because people over the age of 60 may experience a more challenging detox phase, painful withdrawal symptoms can be life-threatening if not treated properly. An inpatient treatment facility will have the medical supervision needed to support older adults in overcoming alcohol addiction.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A RESIDENTIAL ALCOHOL REHAB CENTER
An effective residential alcohol treatment program will provide 24/7 medical supervision to support a safe detoxification process. Residential rehab will also help you learn how to manage your addiction without temptation and build a toolbox to support your new skills throughout the remainder of your recovery journey.For residential alcohol treatment to be successful, certain elements must be included in the program. These include:
- Evidence-based clinical practices
- Around-the-clock supervision
- Research-based treatment
- Healthy food
- Safety precautions
- Medical detox
- Behavioral therapy
- Comfortable surroundings
- Relapse prevention programming
- Post-treatment preparation and support
Choosing the Right Residential Drug & Alcohol Treatment Centers
If residential treatment seems like the right fit for you or your loved one, then Gateway could be ideal. While residential care is widely available, not all programs offer security, comfort and a wide range of treatments. At Gateway locations, clients can expect all of the following from day one:
- Dual diagnosis options
- A full continuum of care
- 12 Step program options
- Family therapy
- Behavioral therapy sessions
Residential treatment centers offer medical and emotional support for clients who need it most. Gateway’s locations in and around Chicago, Illinois, are the ideal way to begin the recovery process. Take back control by calling 877.505.4673 today.