If you struggle with controlling your drinking, you are not alone. Alcohol use disorder is one of the most significant health issues in the U.S., impacting nearly 17 million people. If you drink too much, too fast and too often, it may be time to get professional help. At Gateway Foundation in Springfield, IL, we offer evidence-based treatments for alcohol addiction so you can find healing for your mind, body and spirit.
What Is Alcohol Addiction?
Alcohol addiction, also called alcohol use disorder (AUD), is a medical condition. Binge drinking behaviors or drinking to cope with emotional pain can lead to problematic drinking habits that cause physical and mental dependence on alcohol. Alcohol addiction changes your brain’s chemistry, making you increasingly crave the substance.
If you’re not sure whether you have an alcohol addiction, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you often drink for longer than intended?
- Have you tried to cut down or stop drinking only to fail?
- Do you spend a lot of time drinking?
- Do you often struggle with hangovers or blackouts?
- Do you often have a strong urge to drink?
- Has drinking negatively impacted your job, school, family or relationships?
- Has drinking increased your risk of getting hurt?
- Do you have to drink more to get the desired effect?
- Do you struggle with withdrawal symptoms when not drinking, such as shakiness, irritability, sweating or anxiety?
Alcohol Addiction Treatment Services in Springfield, IL
If you answered yes to two or more of the above questions, your alcohol consumption might already be a cause for concern. Professional treatment is one of the most effective ways to break alcohol addiction’s hold over your life. At Gateway Foundation in Springfield, IL, we create your personalized treatment plan by combining our alcohol addiction services with other programs and therapies customized to your unique needs. This approach could include:
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Dual-diagnosis services
- Motivational interviewing
- Behavioral therapy
- 12-step facilitation
How Our Alcohol Addiction Center in Springfield, IL, Works
Trying to quit alcohol cold-turkey can be a painful, potentially dangerous process, especially if you struggle with severe AUD. At Gateway Springfield, our organization of licensed professionals includes a medical team and clinical counselors dedicated to ensuring your recovery process is as safe and effective as possible. Your treatment with us will include three foundational components:
- Medical assistance: To set your recovery up for success, we must first address the physical aspects of addiction, including withdrawal symptoms and cravings. Our medical assistance helps your body adjust to sobriety.
- Counseling: To find freedom from addiction, our counseling services help you uncover the underlying issues that led to addiction and teach you vital coping skills to ensure your recovery lasts.
- Peer support: Group therapy and other social opportunities allow you to connect with others battling alcohol addiction and gain support and encouragement through their stories.
Break Free From Alcohol Addiction at Gateway Springfield
Don’t let alcohol addiction rob you of one more day. Find renewed hope for a better tomorrow at Gateway Springfield. If you would like to learn more about our alcohol addiction treatment services, please contact us today.