Trying to recover from addiction on your own is a difficult, sometimes impossible, process. Drug addiction treatment programs reduce your risk of relapse and support your needs at every stage of your recovery. If you’ve made the brave choice to pursue addiction treatment, your first decision is to pick inpatient or outpatient rehab. At Gateway Foundation in Pekin, Illinois, we offer both to ensure you get a highly personalized experience suited to your needs.
The Difference Between Inpatient and Outpatient Treatment
The overarching goal of both inpatient and outpatient addiction treatment is the same — provide you with the tools you need to overcome addiction for a happier, healthier life. The differences lie in where treatment takes place.
During inpatient treatment, you live and heal at a rehab facility, staying there around-the-clock for a set period of time. You don’t go home at the end of each therapy session or activity. Conversely, outpatient treatment allows you to commute to the facility several times per week while living at home.
The Benefits of Inpatient Addiction Treatment in Pekin, Illinois
If you struggle with severe addiction or lack a strong support system at home, inpatient treatment for addiction may be ideal. Benefits of our inpatient addiction treatment program in Pekin include:
- Round-the-clock care: From withdrawal symptoms to the emotional ramifications of addiction, our inpatient program ensures 24/7 support, constant care and advanced safety measures from medical and mental health care professionals.
- Controlled setting: Within our Pekin treatment center, we can better control the environment to ensure a drug- and alcohol-free setting. Having a safe place for recovery reduces temptations and better keeps you on the path to long-term success.
- Social support: During your time in treatment, you will meet and interact with others recovering from addiction. Group therapy and other educational activities teach you about addiction and show you that you are not alone on your journey to health and healing.
The Benefits of Outpatient Addiction Treatment
Outpatient addiction treatment is an effective and more flexible alternative to inpatient care. Outpatient programs are fitting for those who need to continue working or going to school. It’s also a great option for people with a supportive home life. Our outpatient program at Gateway Foundation in Pekin offers patients several benefits:
- Constant access to support: While you won’t live at our facility, you will still have access to 24/7 support and assistance from our team as needed.
- Increased flexibility: Outpatient addiction treatment allows you to work toward recovery while still fulfilling your at-home or work obligations. You can attend sessions that work with your schedule, including evening programs and weekend treatment.
- More affordable: Those in outpatient treatment appreciate the lower cost compared to inpatient care. Plus, insurance coverage and financing can also reduce the cost of treatment.
Learn About Inpatient and Outpatient Treatment Options Available in Pekin, Illinois
Whether you choose the convenience of outpatient treatment or the concentrated care of an inpatient program, we can help. At Gateway Foundation in Pekin, we tailor our treatment services to your unique needs. We can provide a wide variety of clinical services to ensure a more effective and individualized program. Contact us online today to begin your personalized recovery journey, or speak to one of our team members at 309.247.8440.