Alcohol is not inherently dangerous. Yet, for those who can’t control their drinking or who severely change when they consume alcohol, there may be an underlying danger that must come to light. Alcohol use disorder is a serious medical condition we treat here at Gateway Foundation in Lake Villa, IL. Our alcohol use treatment center can equip you with the coping skills you need to conquer alcohol addiction’s hold over your life.
Common Red Flags of Alcohol Addiction
Alcohol is an addictive substance and one of the most commonly used drugs in the world. For most people, a couple of drinks now and again does not present a danger. However, alcohol addiction caused by excessive consumption and binge drinking can change your brain’s chemistry, leading to alcohol dependence, intense cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
If you’re not sure if you’ve developed an alcohol addiction, here are some of the most common signs to look for:
- Gaining a higher alcohol tolerance
- Thinking constantly about your next drink
- Feeling Intense cravings
- Spending excessive money and time on alcohol
- Neglecting responsibilities to continue drinking
- Experiencing an increasing frequency of blackouts or hangovers
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms, such as agitation or sweating, when attempting to stop
- Continuing to drink excessively despite its negative impact on your life
- Encountering personal, professional or legal problems
Alcohol Addiction Rehab Services Offered in Lake Villa, IL
Everyone’s path to recovery is unique. If you’ve decided to break free from alcohol use disorder, you need comprehensive treatment that sees you as an individual. At Gateway Lake Villa, we consider our clients’ background, lifestyle and addiction level to create a personalized care program addressing their unique needs.
Whether you’re a teenager using alcohol to cope with stress or you’ve experienced post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and are now masking your pain with alcohol, we blend our programs and services to address the factors behind your alcohol addiction. Your treatment plan could include:
- Behavioral therapy
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Teen rehabilitation
- Gender-specific rehabilitation
- Trauma therapy
- 12-step support
How Treatment Works at Our Alcohol Use Treatment Center in Lake Villa, IL
After 50 years of service to those struggling with addiction, Gateway Foundation has found a unique balance between compassionate care and evidence-based, professional treatment. That’s why we’re considered one of the best alcohol use treatment centers in Lake Villa, IL. Our team of addiction specialists includes medical staff, counselors and others dedicated to providing you with the care you deserve. Treatment at Gateway includes three components:
- Medical:From detoxification to withdrawal management to medication-assisted treatment, our team is on hand to assist your physical and mental well-being throughout your recovery process.
- Counseling: Individual and group counseling are key components of addiction recovery. We provide a wide variety of therapeutic services to address the underlying issues behind your alcohol addiction.
- Peer support: After years of addiction, many people struggle with isolation and loneliness. Group therapy and other social opportunities help you reconnect with others and build a vital support network.
Find Out More About Rehab for Alcohol Addiction in Lake Villa, IL
Alcohol addiction does not define you, nor is it an obstacle you can’t overcome. Gateway Foundation in Lake Villa, IL, wants to help you reclaim control and rebuild your life. Contact us today to learn more.