An addiction to opiates, such as heroin, can become dangerous quickly. Almost 80% of 2018 drug overdose deaths in Illinois involved opioids such as heroin. If you have an opioid use disorder, an addiction treatment center can help you begin recovery. We offer evidence-based, in-network services that give you resources to take your life back.
Our Chicago River North heroin and opiate addiction rehab center in Chicago, IL, provides outpatient services that let you attend work or school while you recover. We can help you start the journey to a drug-free life.
What Are Opioids and Heroin?
Heroin and similar drugs fall under the category of opioids, substances that attach to the opioid receptors in your brain. Someone with an opioid addiction may use illicit opioids such as heroin or prescription opiates, such as codeine. Other types of opioids include:
Signs of Opiate Addiction
Opioid addiction has physical and psychological signs that you might notice in yourself or someone else. Someone with an opioid addiction might show symptoms such as:
- Uncontrollable urges to use opioids.
- Withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety, agitation, insomnia and runny nose.
- Sudden behavioral changes, such as aggression or taking more risks than before.
- Large amounts of time and money dedicated to getting and using opiates.
- Fatigue and sleeping more than usual.
- Low motivation and abandonment of responsibilities.
- Withdrawal from family, friends and favorite activities.
- Flu-like symptoms and watery eyes.
Services Available at Gateway Chicago River North
We offer a full continuum of treatment options for heroin and opioid addiction in Chicago, IL. Choose from one of these program models:
- Outpatient rehabilitation: During outpatient treatment, you will receive services on an appointment-based schedule. You can handle work, school or home obligations while you recover.
- Intensive outpatient: If you need more extensive services than you would get from standard outpatient services, you might consider intensive outpatient. This program model offers the flexibility of outpatient services with more hours per week.
- Partial hospitalization: In partial hospitalization, you attend services for a large part of the day while living at home. You can maintain your support system outside of treatment while getting intensive care for your symptoms.
- Alumni services: After completing treatment at Gateway, you can participate in our alumni community. These services deliver ongoing support as you continue living a drug-free life.
How We Approach Treatment for Opiate Addiction
At Gateway, we consider addiction a chronic disease that you can manage with evidence-based treatments. We address the multifaceted effects of opioid use disorder through three types of services:
- Medical: Many of our opioid addiction clients receive medication-assisted treatment (MAT) to relieve withdrawal symptoms and cravings.
- Behavioral: Treatments such as behavioral therapy help clients develop recovery skills to retrain their thought patterns and actions.
- Community: We foster a sense of community in our clients with services such as group therapy and alumni programs.
Get Treatment for Heroin and Opiate Addiction in Chicago, IL
Let’s work together to reclaim your life from opioids. Learn more about our treatments by contacting our team online or calling 312-663-8853.