Ending the insanity and chaos of addiction is a courageous decision — and it’s not something you need to do alone. Finding support from professional addiction specialists ensures you have the tools you need for long-term success in recovery. At Gateway Foundation’s Chicago addiction treatment center near Independence Boulevard, we want to walk with you as you begin your fight against addiction.
What Is Addiction?
While many view addiction as a moral fault or lack of self-control, substance use disorder is a disease. After repeated substance misuse, your brain’s structures become undermined, and drug misuse influences your thoughts, motivations and behaviors. Everyone’s path to addiction differs, but the result is the same. Despite its negative impact on you and the people you love, you compulsively return to drug use.
What Are the Signs That Someone Is Addicted?
If you’re not sure whether you or a loved one struggles with a substance use disorder, here are the most common signs of addiction:
- Indifference to hobbies and activities you once enjoyed
- Problems at work or school
- Relationship difficulties
- Financial problems
- Changes in physical appearance, such as weight loss or lack of hygiene
- Drastic behavioral changes
- Loss of energy
- Decreased appetite
- Anger or defensiveness when confronted about substance use
Addiction Support Services Available in Chicago, IL
At our addiction treatment center in Chicago, IL, you will find a full continuum of care coupled with unparalleled clinical services. Our addiction support services and treatments are designed to be patient-centric. That means we take the time to understand your background, specific addiction and other relevant information so we can create a treatment program completely customized to your needs.
Whether you’re a member of the LGBTQ+ community or a busy professional looking for a treatment that fits within your schedule, we design our Gateway program to work for you. Here are just a few of the ways we support individuals overcoming addiction:
- Holistic care: We address every aspect of your recovery — physical, mental, emotional and social.
- Medical support: To ensure your recovery is as safe as possible, we provide round-the-clock medical care to address withdrawal symptoms and cravings.
- Therapeutic services: Therapy is one of the most important aspects of addiction treatment services. Our Chicago Independence center offers a wide range of evidence-based treatments to ensure we find the right fit for you, including cognitive behavioral therapy, trauma therapy and much more.
- Education: Understanding the triggers and factors contributing to your addiction, coupled with adopting coping skills and strategies, will help you overcome addiction’s hold in the future.
- Peer support: You will be surrounded by other individuals walking their own road to recovery. Group therapy and other socialization times help you relearn how to communicate and relate to others while sober.
Receive Help to Overcome Addiction in Chicago, IL
If you or a loved one is facing off with addiction, it’s time to get the help you need. Gateway Foundation can assist you. Contact us today to learn how our Chicago Independence center supports individuals in their recovery.