Cocaine addiction is a disease that can rob your mind, steal your intimate relationships and make it feel as though you have a life sentence bound to this substance. Help is available if you are ready to take the first brave step toward recovery. At Gateway Foundation in Chicago, IL, we help patients struggling with cocaine addiction manage their substance use disorders and discover healthy ways to cope with life’s difficulties.
What Is Cocaine Addiction?
Cocaine is a stimulant drug with highly addictive properties. It affects the chemicals in your brain, specifically releasing dopamine, serotonin and norepinephrine to create a rush of pleasure. These neurotransmitters are related to pleasurable feelings, memory and decision-making, thus encouraging your mind to develop a dependence on this substance. The longer you use cocaine, the higher the risk is that you’ll develop an addiction.
Cocaine hijacks your brain’s normal ways of operating, creating intense cravings for the substance. Physical dependence on cocaine also generates severe withdrawal symptoms if you attempt to stop using. This combination of factors can make it extremely difficult to quit cocaine.
Treatment for Cocaine Addiction
If you are ready to break free from cocaine’s hold over your life, our drug rehabilitation center in Chicago, IL, can help. We can help you manage both your physical dependence on cocaine and the withdrawal symptoms to give you a better chance at a successful recovery.
However, addiction is often the result of many underlying factors, including mental health, trauma and unhealthy coping strategies. That’s why cocaine addiction requires a holistic treatment that addresses more than just the physical aspects of the disease. Our treatment strategies include a multidimensional approach to wellness. Although your individual plan may vary based on your needs, your treatment will consist of:
- Medical services: Our team of medical professionals will address the physical aspects of addiction, such as withdrawal symptoms and cravings. This makes it more likely that you’ll stay committed to the recovery process.
- Treatment for underlying conditions: Many clients struggling with cocaine addiction use this drug to cope with a mental health condition. Our dual diagnosis services can address both these connected issues.
- Behavioral therapy: Therapy helps you manage the emotional ramifications of cocaine addiction in a supportive and compassionate setting.
- Peer support: Group counseling allows you to gain the support of fellow patients who understand what you are going through and can encourage your recovery.
- Wellness habits: Healthy coping strategies ensure you can pursue your passions and manage the stress of everyday life without cocaine.
- Social services: Cocaine addiction often affects employment, housing and other essential aspects of life. Our social services provide referrals to outside community resources so that you can continue down the road of recovery post-treatment.
How We Treat Cocaine Addiction at Our Rehab Center in Chicago, IL
Gateway’s Chicago Independence center specializes in cocaine drug addiction rehab. We understand that each person who walks through our doors is an individual with their own unique needs and concerns. That’s why we offer a combination of evidence-based therapies and services to address all aspects of addiction’s hold over your life, such as:
- Men’s and women’s rehabilitation
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Motivational interviewing
- Dialectical behavioral therapy
- Trauma therapy
Learn More About Cocaine Addiction Services and Therapy in Chicago, IL
When you come to Gateway’s Chicago Independence center, you can take advantage of our more than 50 years of experience and compassionate services. We understand cocaine addiction, and we’re equipped to offer evidence-based treatments to help you break free. If you would like to learn more, contact us online or give us a call at 773.867.5115.