Recovering from drug addiction takes courage, commitment and plain grit. While the road ahead may be difficult, you do not have to go through the process of quitting drugs on your own. One of the most important steps you can take is admitting you need help. Gateway Foundation is proud to have a drug addiction treatment center in Caseyville, IL, where you will find compassionate care, respect and evidence-based treatments.
What Is Drug Addiction?
Addiction is often misconceived as a lack of self-control or a moral flaw. In truth, addiction is a chronic and relapse-prone disease. Repeated use of drugs like opiates, meth and cocaine can change how your brain operates and registers pleasure. As you become more dependent on a drug, it undermines your judgment, motivation and behaviors.
While many underlying influences can initiate drug use, the result is the same. Addiction changes the brain’s structures and functions, undermining your mental, emotional and physical health.
The Symptoms and Signs of Drug Addiction
If you suspect you or someone you love has fallen prey to drug addiction, here are some of the most common symptoms and signs to look out for:
- Problems at work or school
- Relationship issues
- Financial problems
- Drastic changes in behavior, such as increased risk-taking
- Disinterest in hobbies or activities once enjoyed
- Physical changes, such as a lack of hygiene or grooming
- Lack of motivation or energy
- Decreased appetite
- Weight loss
- Defensive behavior when asked about drug use
Treatments for Drug Addiction in Caseyville, IL
At Gateway Foundation Caseyville, we believe a holistic approach is essential to treating substance use disorder. Our evidence-based services and therapeutic techniques address the body, mind and emotions to confront addiction’s hold over your life. We then customize your program to ensure you receive individualized care based solely on your needs. We believe this method gives our clients their greatest chance of a successful recovery.
Here is an example of some of the therapies and services we may incorporate into your drug addiction treatment program:
- Gender-specific rehabilitation
- Dual diagnosis enhanced treatment
- Mindfulness-based sobriety
- Motivational interviewing
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Trauma therapy
How Drug Addiction Treatment Can Benefit You
Drug addiction treatment is your first step on the road to lifelong healing and freedom. Many people attempt to quit on their own only to face intense withdrawal symptoms and cravings that lead to relapse. Professional medical supervision ensures your withdrawal from drugs and subsequent treatment are as safe, secure and effective as possible.
Our drug addiction treatment offers many benefits, including:
- Continued medical and psychological services
- Compassionate therapy to expose the issues and triggers behind addiction
- Development of a recovery plan and ongoing recovery goals
- Learning to find joy and fulfillment in sobriety
- Peer support
- Aftercare and alumni services
Get Help and Effective Treatment for Drug Addiction in Caseyville, IL
When you choose Gateway Foundation in Caseyville, IL, we will be there every step of the way to help you find your road to recovery. If you would like to learn more about our customized treatment services for drug addiction, contact us online.