Do you or someone you love have a methamphetamine addiction? A drug addiction treatment center can assist you in getting your life back from addiction by improving your mental and physical health and reconnecting you with your loved ones.
If you believe you may have a methamphetamine addiction, let us help you at Gateway Foundation in Caseyville, IL.
What Are Methamphetamines?
Also known as meth, methamphetamine is a highly addictive substance. A form of methamphetamine known as crystal meth is found in a clear solid form. Crystal meth has quick and potent effects, which increases the risk of addiction for the user.
Crystal meth alters the way a person’s brain processes dopamine. Dopamine is a chemical that signals pleasure and reward in your brain. As methamphetamine changes the dopamine system, the drug user deals with memory issues, impaired learning and reduced coordination.
Signs of Methamphetamine Addiction
If you notice the following signs, you or someone you love may have a methamphetamine addiction:
- Continuous use of crystal meth for several days
- Needing increasingly higher doses of methamphetamine to feel the same previous effects
- Engaging in risky behaviors to acquire more methamphetamine
- Giving up obligations, relationships and activities to spend more time using crystal meth
Long-term use of methamphetamines can also cause the following health issues:
- Extreme weight loss
- Heart problems
- Skin picking and itching
- Tooth decay
- Memory loss
If you believe you or a person you love has a methamphetamine addiction, a professional can conduct a screening to confirm the addiction. When you are addicted to methamphetamine, you will also experience withdrawal symptoms when you suddenly stop using the drug. Withdrawal symptoms may include:
- Intense cravings for the drug
- Severe depression
Services and Treatments Available at the Meth Addiction Rehab Center in Caseyville, IL
Our meth addiction treatment in Caseyville, IL, targets both physical and emotional symptoms. We aim to address all the ways methamphetamine affects a person to pave the road to a successful recovery. When you visit a meth addiction rehab center at Gateway, you will receive the following services:
- Behavioral services: Addiction professionals use contingency management and therapy to support those who have crystal meth addictions. Therapy will allow you to learn coping skills and recovery strategies, and contingency management will help you form a positive association with recovery.
- Medical services: Your physical symptoms of methamphetamine addiction will likely need medical attention. You may receive medication to relieve your withdrawal symptoms and treatment for health issues caused by your addiction.
How Methamphetamine Addiction Services and Treatments Are Used at Our Caseyville Center
Our patients receive personalized care for methamphetamine addiction based on their experiences and symptoms. The following are the factors that may be used in a patient’s tailored treatment plan:
- Age: We provide care based on a patient’s age for adults, young adults and teenagers to determine a patient’s specific needs.
- Gender: Groups for men and groups for women can give patients dedicated spaces to share their recovery with those who share similar experiences.
- Severity of symptoms: We may recommend outpatient or residential care depending on the severity of your symptoms.
- Co-occurring disorders: Methamphetamine use can stem from a range of health conditions. We can address these co-occurring disorders during treatment.
Contact us at Gateway Foundation for additional information about our meth addiction therapy in Caseyville, IL.