Are you looking to pursue alcohol addiction treatment in Caseyville, IL? To get the alcohol addiction treatment you need during your journey to recovery, you should understand what alcohol addiction is, what the signs of alcohol addiction are, what services and treatments are available and how these services are used in the treatment of alcohol addiction in Caseyville, IL.
What Is Alcohol Addiction?
In the United States, alcohol is the most commonly used addictive substance. While many can consume alcohol in moderation with no harmful consequences, for others, one drink can lead to a dangerous and destructive path. In fact, about six people die from alcohol poisoning every day.
Alcohol addiction is defined by how alcohol affects a person’s life rather than simply by the amount a person drinks or how frequently. A person who has been struggling with their work, finances, emotions and relationships due to their alcohol consumption may have an alcohol addiction. Alcohol addiction can range in severity and may be consideredmild, moderate or severe.
Signs of Alcohol Addiction
Watch for these signs if you believe you or someone you love may have an alcohol addiction:
- Having a strong, difficult-to-control urge to consume alcohol
- Spending a large amount of time seeking and consuming alcohol and recovering from its use
- Being unable to control the amount of alcohol consumed
- Wanting to reduce alcohol consumption but not being able to
- Being unable to finish major assignments at home, work or school
- Avoiding hobbies, work and social activities due to alcohol consumption
- Drinking alcohol despite the negative physical or social consequences
- Experiencing symptoms of withdrawal when avoiding drinking
- Using alcohol in dangerous situations, such as while driving or swimming
The physical symptoms of alcohol addiction also include the following:
- Susceptibility to disease
- Inflammation of the pancreas
- Chronic kidney disease
- Inflammation of the liver
- High blood pressure
- Acute kidney failure
- Irregular heartbeat
- Memory problems
Additionally, alcohol abuse has been linked to cancers of the throat, mouth, breast, larynx, colon, rectum and esophagus. If someone with an alcohol addiction suddenly stops drinking, he or she may experience the following withdrawal symptoms:
- Hand tremors
- Rapid heart rate
- Depression and anxiety
Services and Treatments Available at the Alcohol Addiction Rehab Center in Caseyville, IL
At Gateway Foundation in Caseyville, IL, we have been treating patients with alcohol addiction for more than 50 years. Our related services and treatments include:
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Mindfulness-based sobriety
- Motivational interviewing
- Trauma therapy
- 12 Step support
How Services and Treatments Are Used at the Alcohol Addiction Treatment Center in Caseyville, IL
We use the following methods for alcohol addiction treatment at our alcohol addiction treatment center in Caseyville, IL:
- Talk therapy: Talk therapy, also referred to as psychotherapy, is used to treat co-occurring mental health disorders.
- Peer support groups: You may be able to manage or prevent relapses and abstain from alcohol use by participating in a peer support group. If you need to make lifestyle changes, a peer support group may also be able to help you make these changes.
- Withdrawal and detoxification: Withdrawing and detoxing are generally the first steps of the alcohol addiction recovery process. During treatment, you will be monitored and potentially given oral medication for the reduction or prevention of withdrawal symptoms.
- Counseling: Individual or group counseling will be utilized during the process of treating alcohol addiction.
Contact us at Gateway Foundation in Caseyville, IL, today for additional information about alcohol addiction treatment.