Whether it’s a prescription pain medication or an illicit drug like heroin, opiates can be highly addictive and dangerous when misused. If you or someone you love is struggling with opiate addiction, finding effective professional addiction treatment is the best way to prevent harm and find hope for a better tomorrow.
At Gateway Foundation, we are proud to offer opiate addiction treatment to those living in Carbondale, Illinois. Within our welcoming facility, you’ll find comprehensive treatment and compassionate connections as you take your first steps toward recovery.
What Are Opioids?
Opioids are substances either naturally derived from the opium poppy plant or synthetically produced in a lab to produce similar effects. There are many opioid medications that doctors prescribe to treat severe pain. Although legal, these drugs still hold the potential for misuse when used improperly or without a prescription. There are also illicit opiates like heroin, which people obtain illegally to get high. In the United States, nearly 70% of all overdose deaths are caused by opioids.
What Is Opiate Addiction?
Addiction to opioids, also called opioid use disorder, is a medical condition. Those who struggle with opioid addiction develop a psychological and physical dependence on the drug. Because of this, it can feel nearly impossible to quit opioids on your own. Cold turkey methods can lead to intense cravings and uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms.
If you think you or a loved one may struggle with opiate addiction, here are some common red flags:
- Inability to control or stop using opioids
- Mood changes due to opioid use
- Behavioral changes, such as risky decision making
- Attempting to stock up on opiate medications
- Financial or legal difficulties due to opiate use
Opiate Addiction Treatment Services in Carbondale, Illinois
If you recognize the signs of opiate addiction in yourself or someone you care for, it’s essential to seek professional help. Unchecked opiate addiction can lead to negative consequences in nearly every area of your life, from relationship difficulties to problems at work or school. Opiate addiction treatment helps you fight the effects of opiates so you can regain control of your life.
At Gateway Foundation in Carbondale, Illinois, we offer both inpatient and outpatient services to ensure you get the personalized, evidence-based treatment you need to achieve the most positive outcomes.
Our Approach to Opiate Addiction Treatment
Addiction is a complex disease that affects each individual differently. That’s why our Carbondale treatment center takes the time to understand your unique symptoms. We then create a treatment plan tailored to your needs. Your program may include elements such as:
- Medical care: Medical services such as medication-assisted treatment (MAT) can help you manage withdrawal symptoms so that you can safely focus on your recovery. Round-the-clock care ensures you always have access to medical professionals.
- Therapy: Our mental health and clinical services are designed to address the underlying causes that may have led to a life of addiction, including trauma, depression or stress.
- Group activities: Group therapy and alumni support groups allow you to connect with others both during and after treatment so you can receive support from those who understand your struggle.
- Educational services: Relapse prevention training and life planning services set you up for a lifetime of success in recovery.
Contact Gateway Foundation in Carbondale, Illinois
We are committed to helping people recover from opiate addiction. At every stage of your journey, you’ll find the support you need from our Carbondale team. To find out more about Gateway Foundation, contact us online or give us a call at 618.323.3379.