Being a teenager in today’s world is more complicated than ever. From a need to fit in and online bullying to academic pressures, many adolescents struggle to manage stress in a healthy way. Drugs and alcohol can look like an attractive solution, and substance use can easily spiral out of control.
Gateway Foundation is a place where young people from all backgrounds can find hope and healing. Our judgment-free and compassionate adolescent rehab program in Carbondale, IL, is the perfect opportunity for teenagers to learn the skills they need to break free from addiction and lead successful, substance-free lives.
Addiction Issues Teens May Face
Adolescence is an exciting time in a young person’s life. Yet, it can also be filled with stress, anxiety and a variety of internal and external pressures. While most teens find healthy ways to cope, some may turn to drugs or alcohol. Some of the most common issues that can lead to teenage addiction include:
- Peer pressure or a desire to belong
- Family problems
- Trouble with academics
- Self-medication for an underlying mental health issue, such as anxiety or depression
How Addiction Treatment for Teens Is Different
The best way to treat addiction is to understand the person struggling with the disease. Everyone who faces this issue is an individual, and treatment that addresses a person’s unique concerns will be far more successful. That’s why we’re proud to offer addiction treatment for teens at Gateway Foundation in Carbondale, IL.
When adolescents come to us for help, they’ll find a program designed to address the issues and difficulties that teenagers typically face. Our teen rehab program sets itself apart in a variety of ways:
- Dual diagnosis treatment: Many teens struggling with addiction also have a co-occurring mental health disorder. To fully address their substance use, we must also identify and treat any underlying psychological issues.
- Continued education: Addiction treatment shouldn’t put a student’s academic progress on hold. That’s why our program allows teens to continue their studies during treatment so that they can graduate from our program and high school as well.
- Family therapy: Families need to understand the issues and underlying triggers that caused their teen to fall into substance misuse. Family therapy helps loved ones engage with the process and be a source of support for their teen’s recovery.
- Coping skills: It’s vital that teenagers leave our program with an assortment of healthy coping skills to help them navigate the stresses of life without turning to drugs or alcohol.
Addiction Treatment and Services Available at Our Carbondale Center
From the focused care provided in our residential treatment to the flexibility of our outpatient program, our goal is to provide personalized care that will set teenagers up for lifelong recovery. We offer an array of therapeutic modalities and evidence-based services that we can incorporate into our young client’s care to ensure their treatment is as successful as possible. This could include:
Learn More About Our Addiction Treatment Center for Adolescents in Carbondale, IL
Young people are not immune to the disease of addiction. Professional addiction treatment is the best way to ensure a future founded on health and healing. Reach out to learn more about Gateway Foundation’s teen addiction program in Carbondale. You can also give us a call at 618.529.1151.