At Gateway Foundation, we provide life-saving treatment to those grappling with addiction. Our addiction therapy services go beyond addressing addiction’s physical symptoms. We focus on helping clients achieve new levels of health and wellness so they can reclaim their lives. We are proud to serve communities in Aurora, IL with customized, effective care and evidence-based addiction treatment services.
What Is Addiction?
Addiction is a disease. Substances like alcohol, opiates and other drugs change the way your brain registers pleasure, learning and motivation. While the underlying reasons that lead to addiction may be different, one fact remains the same — continued substance use changes the structure and function of the brain over time.
Just as diabetes or heart disease impairs the pancreas or damages the heart, addiction overwhelms the brain. Today more than ever, health professionals understand that addiction is a disease — not a moral failing. As with any disease, the right treatment is crucial to recovery. Addiction therapy services ensure patients get the help they need to put the disease of addiction into remission.
The Benefits of Therapy for Addiction
Individuals in the Aurora, IL area who are struggling with addiction have an effective and evidence-based method of breaking free from this disease. The addiction therapy services offered at Gateway Foundation are designed to provide hope and healing so you can have a new lease on life. Our treatment includes many unique benefits:
- Customized care: Addiction can impact anyone — men and women, busy professionals and students, adolescents and seniors. That’s why addiction treatment should not be a one-size-fits-all solution. Instead, individualized care is essential to overall success.
- Addresses underlying challenges: From powerful emotions to trauma, each client may face underlying issues that must be addressed in order to move beyond addiction.
- Evidence-based approach: Our addiction therapy services are proven to be effective and backed up by medical science.
- Network of support: From the medical professionals watching over your care to your loved ones back at home, we help you create a network of support to encourage your recovery for years to come.
Addiction Treatment Services Available at Gateway Foundation in Aurora, IL
We understand that successful recovery is due in large part to access to comprehensive addiction therapy options. We cater to the unique needs of our clients so we can provide a customized approach to recovery.
At Gateway Foundation, we address individual addictions, such as alcohol, heroin and opioids, as well as offer a wide array of services at our location in Aurora, including:
- Medically supervised withdrawal
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Trauma therapy
- Dialectic behavior therapy
- Dual diagnosis treatment
Contact Gateway Foundation in Aurora, IL Today
Let us help you stop the physical, mental and emotional effects of addiction in their tracks. Through the evidence-based services provided at our Aurora location, you can find renewed hope and the strength you need to begin to heal. Finding the road to recovery may be difficult, but Gateway Foundation is here to help.