All Gateway drug and alcohol treatment centers are licensed by the state of Illinois and accredited by The Joint Commission, the leading accrediting organization for hospitals and behavioral healthcare organizations. Learn what this means, and discover how patients become more equipped for post-treatment life during their time at Gateway facilities.
What Does Accreditation Mean?
Accreditation means that specially trained healthcare professionals such as administrators and nurses visited all Gateway treatment centers to evaluate the performance of the staff and each center. Much like hospitals, each Gateway location also went through a rigorous review to become accredited and earn the Gold Seal of Approval.
What is The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval?
An internationally recognized symbol of quality, organizations that earn the Joint Commission Gold Seal have met rigorous performance standards in order to obtain this distinction. Specially trained healthcare professionals who are experts in the field personally visited each one of the treatment centers in order to conduct a review that monitors how well the staff:
- Provides a safe environment for patient care
- Educates patients about the risks and options for diagnosis and treatment
- Protects the rights of patients, including privacy rights
- Evaluates patients’ conditions, before, during and after diagnosis and treatment
- Protects patients against infection
- Plans for emergency situations
Evidence-Based Addiction Therapies Play a Major Role in Joint Commission Accreditation
When individuals search for addiction help, they should avoid addiction treatment centers who fail to offer evidence-based addiction therapy services. Research shows that these time-tested therapeutic methods have been the most successful in helping people overcome addiction. For this reason, substance abuse treatment programs at Gateway employ a variety of evidence-based modalities, including:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- A blend of group and individual therapy
Additionally, Gateway understands that there is a strong link between mental health and addiction. Therefore, our rehab centers offer Dual Diagnosis Treatment Programs. These programs allow professionals to treat co-occurring disorders simultaneously to ensure the best possible outcomes for recovery.
Reach Out to Gateway Today
Although we’ve achieved Joint Commission accreditation, Gateway will always strive to ensure that we give patients the tools needed for post-treatment life. Our locations offer multiple addiction treatment options, including:
- Residential Addiction Treatment
- Intensive Outpatient Program
- Partial Hospitalization Program
- Rehab Programs for Men
- Rehah Programs for Women
- Rehab Programs for Teens and Adolescents
Take the first steps toward healing at one our Gateway locations. Call us today at 877.505.4673.