It’s a tough time to be a teenager. The pressures of everyday life can feel too much for a young man to handle. Whether due to peer pressure, curiosity or stress, it’s not uncommon for teenage boys to turn to alcohol. This puts them at high risk for alcohol addiction.
The adolescent men’s alcohol addiction program at Gateway Foundation in Lake Villa, IL, can help. We offer professional treatment and compassionate care to teenagers who are grappling with alcohol addiction.
Alcohol Addiction Issues Faced by Young Men
Young men today are impacted by pressure, both from without and from within. From academics to sports to family, the intensity of everyday life can be difficult to manage. There are many issues faced by adolescents that tempt them to use alcohol. This can lead to an addiction that quickly spirals out of control.
Some of the most common causes of teenage drinking include:
- Peer pressure and a desire to fit in
- Bullying and social media
- Trouble at home or at school
- A desire to escape or feel better
- An underlying mental health disorder, such as depression or severe anxiety
The Benefits of Specialized Alcohol Addiction Treatment for Adolescent Men
At Gateway Foundation in Lake Villa, our adolescent alcohol misuse treatment programs are designed to address the unique factors that influence teenage drinking so that these young men find a healthier way to cope. Our rehab offers a variety of benefits that help adolescent men overcome addiction and live their lives to the fullest:
- Continuing education: Teenagers are allowed to continue their studies during treatment. By maintaining your grades and staying on the path toward success, you can graduate from our program and high school as well.
- Engaging families: Teenagers’ families are actively involved in our educational and therapeutic services to support their loved one’s recovery.
- Coping skills: Young men learn essential coping skills that will help them navigate stressful situations without alcohol.
- Dual diagnosis services: It’s vital to catch and treat any co-occuring disorders early on. Our dual diagnosis treatment helps teens better understand their mental health and how it has impacted their addiction to alcohol.
Alcohol Addiction Treatment and Services Available for Young Men in Lake Villa
We offer a number of different alcohol addiction treatment options to fit the lifestyle and needs of our patients. Whether a young man has faced a traumatic situation or he doesn’t understand what’s motivating his addiction, our array of services is designed to meet them where they are. We personalize our adolescent alcohol misuse treatments to our clients’ specific needs.
We also offer several levels of care to help teens and their families achieve lasting recovery. Some young men require the accountability and 24/7 focused care that comes with residential treatment. Others need the flexibility and freedom of outpatient care to focus on their school responsibilities.
As a person-centered, family-centered program, we work to find a combination of therapies, programs and services that work best for you.
Learn More About Our Young Men’s Alcohol Addiction Program in Lake Villa, IL
If you’re a young man struggling with alcohol addiction or you’re the parent of a teenage boy grappling with this serious substance use disorder, contact our Lake Villa Center today. Give us a call at 877-505-4673 to learn more about our adolescent rehabilitation program.