Choosing to end a substance misuse problem is a courageous step, and it’s one you don’t need to take alone. When you rely on addiction professionals and experts, your recovery process will be more relaxed, comfortable and successful. Substance misuse treatment centers like Gateway Foundation’s Pekin location will allow you to receive the support you need to fight back against your addiction.
Before you pursue substance use treatment, you may want to know what exactly substance misuse is, what options are available to you and how these treatment options are used at Gateway Pekin.
What Is Substance Misuse?
Substance misuse is harmful, repeated use of a substance, including alcohol or drugs. These substances may be legally prescribed medications, illegal drugs or substances that aren’t classified as drugs. Misuse occurs when you take more than the dosage prescribed or you use the substance in a way other than what is recommended. Impairments that can arise from this type of substance use include:
- Loss of self-control.
- Social problems.
- Ignoring responsibilities.
Treatment Options for Substance Use in Pekin, Illinois
Our addiction professionals adapt our range of care services and treatments to your specific, individual needs. The available options for substance misuse treatment at Gateway Foundation of Pekin include:
- 12-step recovery treatment.
- DUI classes.
- Trauma therapy.
- Family therapy.
- Group and individual therapy.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy.
- Dual diagnosis treatment.
- Medication-assisted treatment.
- Mindfulness-based sobriety.
- Dialectical behavior theory.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy.
- Motivational interviewing.
Through these services, you will learn how to use coping skills and how to manage your addiction symptoms. Our comprehensive treatments will provide you with the support needed to begin recovering from addiction.
How Treatment Options Are Used at the Pekin Center
The process of drug use treatment in our Pekin, IL, center includes the following:
- Accessing medical assistance and support: At our Pekin center, you will receive medical support and assistance that covers all aspects of your recovery. Substance misuse affects your physical health, which means your physical needs will be monitored to ensure you are healthy enough to continue pursuing recovery. Medical support often begins with withdrawal management and may include medication-assisted treatment.
- Understanding the underlying issues of substance misuse: Through addiction treatment, you may learn more about the factors that led to your substance misuse and become more resilient when you face triggers and temptation.
- Finding joy and fulfillment outside of substance use: True health and wellness are about more than abstaining from drugs, which is why our treatment center will focus on helping you find fulfillment and joy in your life. You may find new hobbies and plan for your future to begin making your dreams a reality.
- Receiving peer support: Peer support can be just as valuable on your road to recovery as professional support. At a drug treatment center like Gateway Pekin, you can grow in a supportive setting that includes peers. During group therapy, you will communicate with others who have had similar experiences and are in similar situations.
Our compassionate professionals will support you as you work toward a life free of drugs. Contact Gateway Foundation today for additional information about substance misuse treatment options in Pekin, Illinois.