Alcohol addiction is a serious problem that affects many adolescents and adults across the country. In addition to physical, mental and emotional health impacts, alcohol addiction can lead to driving under the influence (DUI) as well as life-altering safety and legal consequences.
Gateway Foundation’s DUI classes in Springfield, IL, walk students through the dangers of driving under the influence and provide healthy strategies for alcohol addiction recovery.
What Is Alcohol Addiction?
Alcohol addiction is defined as an inability to control one’s drinking. This addiction can come in many forms, including mild, moderate and severe dependence.
The inability to control drinking habits can come on so subtly you may not even notice at first, as often happens in the case of functional alcoholics. Based on a mixture of genetics and situational factors, alcohol addiction can arise slowly or quickly. People often develop alcohol dependency because of a desire to self-medicate — a result of factors such as trauma, stress, loss or anxiety.
Spotting the Signs of Alcohol Addiction
Individuals react to alcohol addiction differently, so the signs will vary from person to person. However, alcohol dependency and misuse are often marked by:
- Being unable to control or limit your alcohol consumption.
- Regularly increasing the amount of alcohol you consume, due to a growing level of tolerance.
- Putting alcohol above your other commitments, such as work or family.
- Drinking at inappropriate times of the day or events.
- Feeling dependent on alcohol to function normally.
- Craving alcohol once you abstain from drinking.
Services and Treatments Offered at Gateway Foundation
Gateway Foundation offers a variety of intensive treatment options focused on substance use disorders, including alcohol addiction. Our individualized care plans include a mixture of residential and outpatient treatment options for clients of all backgrounds. We also offer DUI courses geared toward clients who have been arrested for driving under the influence in Illinois. Our qualified outpatient drug treatment centers offer DUI education that will help clients complete any court-mandated educational hours.
What Do Our Springfield, IL, DUI Classes for Alcohol Addiction Look Like?
Our program includes a series of brief training programs that walk clients through the legal and health risks involved in driving under the influence. With help from our counselors, you’ll learn preventive tools to overcome addiction. For most first-time impaired drivers, our DUI classes are structured as weekly sessions that last up to six months. Completing these hours will typically qualify students to reclaim their license.
After administering a DUI evaluation, we’ll create a personalized treatment plan. In addition to providing DUI classes, our staff will offer the care you need, which may include:
- Withdrawal management.
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT).
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).
- Motivational interviewing.
The Benefits of Alcohol Addiction DUI Classes in Springfield, IL
Our DUI training program is about so much more than helping you avoid serious legal consequences. If you open your mind to learning and growing, you’ll:
- Recover under the care of our compassionate, professional counselors.
- Receive an individualized plan tailored to your needs.
- Gain a new perspective about substance misuse and driving under the influence.
- Grow in a community of people that share your experiences.
- Develop practical strategies to overcome addiction.
Give Us a Call Today
Gateway Foundation’s Springfield, IL, DUI programs for alcohol addiction will give you all the tools you need for recovery. Give us a call today to schedule a place in our DUI classes.