Opiates can quickly become addictive and dangerous when misused. If you think you or someone you care about may have an opiate addiction, entering an opiate addiction rehabilitation center can help prevent further harm and bring hope back into your life. At Gateway Foundation, we offer opiate addiction treatment in Pacific Grove, CA, through Beacon House, a welcoming facility designed to provide comprehensive treatment and connection.
What Are Opioids?
Opioids are drugs typically used to treat pain. Doctors sometimes prescribe legal opioid medications to patients. However, individuals may also obtain opioid medications and illicit opiates like heroin illegally.
When used under the careful supervision of a doctor, opioids can manage severe pain safely. However, opiates are also very addictive and become dangerous when used improperly or without a prescription. In the United States, nearly 70% of overdose-related deaths involved opioids in 2018.
What Is Opiate Addiction?
Opioid use disorder or opiate addiction is a medical condition characterized by psychological or physical dependence on opioids. Addiction can make it difficult to stop using opioids independently and lead to cravings and uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms. Common signs of opiate addiction include:
- An inability to stop or control opioid use.
- Mood changes that began after opioid use.
- Changes in behavior and risky decision-making.
- Taking action to “stock up” on opiate medications.
- Financial difficulties from spending money on opiates.
If you think you might have an opiate addiction, it’s important to seek help from a professional. A physician or addiction specialist can evaluate your symptoms and help you take the first step towards recovery.
Opiate Addiction Treatment Services in Pacific Grove, CA
Opiate addiction can negatively impact many aspects of your life. It can isolate you from friends and family members, create difficulties at work or school and keep you from enjoying life to its fullest. Thankfully, there are treatments available to help individuals overcome opiate addiction and regain control over their lives.
Beacon House is an opiate addiction rehab center in Pacific Grove, CA, offering both inpatient and outpatient services. We use caring, evidence-based approaches to help our patients achieve positive outcomes.
Our Approach to Opiate Addiction Treatment
Opiate addiction is a complex disorder that affects everyone differently. At Beacon House, we take an individualized approach to treatment. When you come to us for opiate addiction therapy in Pacific Grove, CA, we will create a plan tailored to your unique needs. Elements of treatment may include:
- Medical care: Medication-assistant treatment (MAT) and other medical services help manage withdrawal symptoms safely so you can focus on recovery. We have nurses available around the clock to ensure our patients always have access to professional care.
- Therapy: We offer cognitive behavioral therapy, trauma therapy and other mental health services to help you address underlying conditions like depression and anxiety.
- Group activities: Our group therapy services and alumni support groups allow you to build social connections and receive support from peers, both during and after treatment.
- Life planning: Our relapse prevention training and life planning services set you up for long-term success.
Reach Out to Us for More Information
At Beacon House, we are dedicated to providing support at every stage of recovery. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have about insurance coverage and admissions. To learn more about our opiate addiction treatment services, please reach out to us today.