Recovering from an addiction independently can prove to be a challenge. Many patients enter drug addiction treatment programs to reduce their chances of relapse and receive the support they need at every stage of recovery.
If you have decided to enter recovery, you will have two program types to choose from: inpatient treatment and outpatient treatment. At Gateway Foundation, we offer both types at our Beacon House location in Pacific Grove, CA.
What Is the Difference Between Inpatient and Outpatient Treatment?
Inpatient and outpatient addiction treatment both aim to provide the tools you need to overcome addiction and live a healthier, happier life. The primary difference between the two types is where treatment takes place. In an inpatient program, you will live and heal in a rehab center for a set amount of time — you won’t leave to go home at the end of an activity or therapy session. In outpatient treatment, you commute to the rehab center several times a week for treatment while living independently at home.
The Benefits of Inpatient Addiction Treatment in Pacific Grove, CA
Inpatient addiction treatment offers an effective path to recovery for a wide variety of individuals. You may find inpatient treatment particularly helpful if you have a severe addiction or if you lack a strong support network at home. At Beacon House, some of the benefits our inpatient treatment provides include:
- Constant access to medical care: Withdrawal symptoms and emotional struggles can occur at any time of day. At Beacon House, our patients have access to 24/7 support from medical and mental health professionals. This constant care helps enhance safety and reassure loved ones.
- Reduced temptations: Our inpatient rehab center in Pacific Grove, CA, is a controlled environment free of drugs and alcohol. By removing drugs from the environment, inpatient treatment can reduce temptations and keep you on the path to recovery.
- A supportive social environment: While in treatment, you will have the opportunity to socialize and interact with other patients recovering from addiction. Throughout each day, you will also be able to participate in activities designed to educate you about addiction and facilitate recovery — no travel necessary.
The Benefits of Outpatient Addiction Treatment in Pacific Grove, CA
Outpatient addiction treatment offers an effective alternative to inpatient treatment. You may choose an outpatient program if you want to continue going to work or school or if you have a supportive family at home. At Beacon House, our outpatient treatment options provide the following benefits:
- Increased flexibility: When you enroll in outpatient addiction treatment, you can work toward recovery while continuing to fulfill obligations and do the things you enjoy. You can easily schedule sessions in the evenings or on weekends to fit treatment around your schedule.
- Around-the-clock support: Although you won’t live in our inpatient rehab center, you will still have access to support groups and 24/7 assistance if needed.
- Reduced cost: Candidates for outpatient treatment can appreciate the lower cost compared to inpatient treatment. However, with insurance coverage and financing, all treatment options at Beacon House can be affordable.
Learn More About Addiction Treatment at Beacon House
Whether you choose inpatient or outpatient addiction treatment, you will receive care tailored to your unique needs at Beacon House. We offer a variety of clinical services, including cognitive behavioral therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, and relapse prevention. To learn more, contact our team today.