Drug addiction can affect many aspects of your life, causing difficulties at work or school and creating conflict with friends and family members. Despite the problems addiction creates, it can be difficult to stop drug use independently. For many people, treatment at a drug addiction rehabilitation center offers the best path to recovery.
If you think you or someone you know may have a drug addiction, Gateway Foundation can provide the support you need. We offer comprehensive, evidence-based recovery services at Beacon House, our drug rehab center in Pacific Grove, CA.
What Is Drug Addiction?
Also called substance use disorder, drug addiction is a medical condition characterized by psychological or physical dependence on drugs and an inability to control substance use. Many people think of illicit drugs like heroin or cocaine when they imagine drug addiction. However, many legal substances can be addictive as well. These substances include alcohol, marijuana and some prescription drugs.
If you have a drug addiction, you may experience cravings and withdrawal symptoms. You might struggle to stop drug use even if you want to.
What Are the Signs of Drug Addiction?
The common warning signs of drug addiction can vary based on a few factors, including the type of substance used and the severity of the addiction. Symptoms may also vary from person to person. A doctor or addiction specialist can conduct a screening to help diagnose a substance use disorder and recommend further action. In the meantime, here are a few common signs of drug addiction to watch for:
- Inability to stop or control drug use
- Feeling you need to use the drug often
- Needing more of the drug to achieve the same effect
- Difficulties at work or school due to drug use
- Worrying about maintaining a supply of the drug
- Financial difficulties due to spending money on the drug
- Difficulties with interpersonal relationships due to drug use
If substance use is creating challenges or sapping enjoyment from your life, it’s important to seek professional help.
How to Choose a Drug Addiction Rehab Center in Pacific Grove, CA
You have multiple drug rehab centers to choose from in Pacific Grove. Choosing the right treatment option for your needs can help increase your chances of success and make recovery a positive experience. In general, look for a safe, welcoming facility that offers comprehensive and professional treatment in your preferred modality. At Beacon House, we offer:
- Treatment for a range of addictions: We have experience treating patients with addictions involving a wide variety of substances, including alcohol, marijuana, heroin, steroids and prescription drugs.
- Inpatient and outpatient options: We offer both inpatient and outpatient care, so you can choose recovery in an environment that provides the most support.
- Personalized treatment plans: To deliver the best possible care, we tailor our treatment plans to individual needs. Depending on the situation, we may recommend group therapy, individual therapy, medication-assisted treatment, mindfulness-based sobriety and other strategies.
- Help with underlying conditions: In addition to treatment for addiction, we work to address underlying mental health concerns like depression and trauma. This approach helps our patients avoid relapse and live happier lives in the long term.
Choose Beacon House for Drug Addiction Treatment
Our caring team is dedicated to helping you overcome drug addiction. We’ll provide the support you need every step of the way, from admission through program completion. To learn more about the services we offer at our Pacific Grove, CA, drug rehab center, reach out to us today.