GATEWAY OFFERS SPECIALIZED ALCOHOL TREATMENT, CLOSE TO HOME AND WORK.
GATEWAY FOUNDATION AURORA IS TREATING ALCOHOL ADDICTION WITH A NEW ALCOHOL-SPECIFIC PROGRAM
- New program tailored to treat alcohol addiction, allowing patients with alcohol use disorders to receive specialized treatment.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) for alcohol dependence and to ease withdrawal symptoms.
- Alcohol withdrawal management program, which includes MAT and 24-hour access to medical and nursing care in a non-hospital setting.
- Customized treatment plans with evidence-based practices that address the underlying causes of alcohol addiction.
- Active alumni community with monthly social events and meetings to keep alumni engaged in recovery.
- Full continuum of care that meets the patient where they are in their recovery journey.
THE “ALL OR NOTHING” MYTH
Alcohol use disorder or alcoholism can be mild, moderate or severe. People who are dependent on alcohol can be highly functioning, highly compromised or somewhere in between.
SIGNS OF ALCOHOL DEPENDENCE
- Withdrawal symptoms like rapid heart rate, vomiting and seizures
- Drinking more than intended
- Drastic change in behavior
- Continued use despite physical or psychological problems exacerbated by alcohol
ISSUE BY THE NUMBERS
- 6 million PEOPLE (1 IN 12 ADULTS) have an alcohol use disorder or alcohol dependence (CDC)
- 1 in 5 adults REPORTED ENGAGING IN EXCESSIVE DRINKING in Kane, DuPage, Kendall and Will counties (2016 County Health Rankings)
- 30% OF VEHICLE CRASH FATALITIES were alcohol-related in 2017 (IL Secretary of State)
- 88,000 PEOPLE DIE EACH YEAR from alcohol-related causes (CDC)
INSURANCE & MEDICAID ACCEPTED
Insurance plans generally cover most costs associated with Residential Treatment. Gateway Foundation is considered a preferred or in-network provider for multiple insurances including:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- United Healthcare
- Health Alliance